Text and pics contributed by Lou & Bob plus
Once again we gathered at the Shottisham Campsite for the IOG Birthday Beer Camp weekend. A sense of déjà vu hung in the air as the events unfolded – the splendid shared BBQ on the Friday evening followed by the ceremonial making of paper airplanes from old IOG programmes and flying them into the firepit, the consuming of the home brewed beer and wine, the traditional walk to the Ramsholt Arms, and the communal meal at the Sorrel Horse pub on Saturday. All this went to plan, and we didn’t get too dampened by the rain on Saturday.
New this year:
1. Super-soakers proved effective against the free-range hens
2. Lou managed to lead the walk without taking any wrong turns (even after the pub stop) (*)
1. Did Andy survive sticking his head into the firepit?
2. Did the new colour programmes fly better than the old black-and-white ones?
3. Will Lou manage to brew another batch of ginger beer in time for Dave Bird’s BBQ?